Supernovas Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All about your fav books and literature!

+2
wolfdarkn
-_CreepeR_-
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

All about your fav books and literature! - Page 2 Empty Re: All about your fav books and literature!

Post by hemagoku Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:59 am

ya saw the movie too so already got the story xD.
hemagoku
hemagoku
Musician
Musician

All about your fav books and literature! - Page 2 TopPoster

Back to top Go down

All about your fav books and literature! - Page 2 Empty Re: All about your fav books and literature!

Post by -_CreepeR_- Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:17 am

I would recommend the Wheel of Time, 11/22/63 (Stephen King, so you could expect an extra dose of mind fuckery), Dragon Tears (got a very nice idea of two cops trying to catch a criminal who can freeze time and go into all kinds of wondrous things using that ability) and perhaps the Weapon Shops of Isher (make sure to read to the very end. Dat ending. Dayum.) Also i heard good things about the Outlander. :DSo look em up, see which one you want to read the most and off ya go Very Happy

Last edited by -_CreepeR_- on Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
-_CreepeR_-
-_CreepeR_-
Admin
Admin

All about your fav books and literature! - Page 2 DancingDevil

https://snlounge.4umer.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sayo-chan! Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:43 am

-_CreepeR_- wrote:I would recommend the Wheel of Time, 11/22/63, Dragon Tears (got a very nice idea of two cops trying to catch a criminal who can freeze time and go into all kinds of wondrous things using that ability) and perhaps the Weapon Shops of Isher (make sure to read to the very end. Dat ending. Dayum.) Also i heard good things about the Outlander. :DSo look em up, see which one you want to read the most and off ya go Very Happy
That sounds cool O.o is it a modern setting?
Sayo-chan!
Sayo-chan!
Sniper
Sniper

Back to top Go down

Post by wolfdarkn Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:42 pm

hemagoku wrote:its cuz of games Sad, i do want to read stuff, but i tend to forget the stuff if i stop in the middle and say i ll continue later, so i end up not continuing Sad.
mm, maybe i could try again xD, u guys got something nice that has to do with time loops or something like that ? thats kinda on my mind atm cuz of that song xD.
This isn't what you asked for, but I'll always recommend Snow Crash. The synopsis:

In reality, Hiro Protagonist delivers pizza for Uncle Enzo’s CosoNostra Pizza Inc., but in the Metaverse he’s a warrior prince. Plunging headlong into the enigma of a new computer virus that’s striking down hackers everywhere, he races along the neon-lit streets on a search-and-destroy mission for the shadowy virtual villain threatening to bring about infocalypse.
wolfdarkn
wolfdarkn
Captain
Captain

All about your fav books and literature! - Page 2 1285809967

Back to top Go down

Post by -_CreepeR_- Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:33 pm

i listed five books not one, be specific.

@wolf, that sounds cheesy as fuck o.o Hiro Protagonist? Cosanostra? Yeeaaaah xD
-_CreepeR_-
-_CreepeR_-
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sayo-chan! Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:08 pm

I thought I had bolded the Dragon tears bit but clearly that doesnt work in quotes =/ I was talking about Dragon tears
Sayo-chan!
Sayo-chan!
Sniper
Sniper

Back to top Go down

Post by hemagoku Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:55 am

-_CreepeR_- wrote:I would recommend the Wheel of Time, 11/22/63 (Stephen King, so you could expect an extra dose of mind fuckery), Dragon Tears (got a very nice idea of two cops trying to catch a criminal who can freeze time and go into all kinds of wondrous things using that ability) and perhaps the Weapon Shops of Isher (make sure to read to the very end. Dat ending. Dayum.) Also i heard good things about the Outlander. :DSo look em up, see which one you want to read the most and off ya go Very Happy
all sound interesting xD, maybe after finishing some stuff and more free time i try one of those xD, ty ^^.

wolfdarkn wrote:
hemagoku wrote:its cuz of games Sad, i do want to read stuff, but i tend to forget the stuff if i stop in the middle and say i ll continue later, so i end up not continuing Sad.
mm, maybe i could try again xD, u guys got something nice that has to do with time loops or something like that ? thats kinda on my mind atm cuz of that song xD.
This isn't what you asked for, but I'll always recommend Snow Crash. The synopsis:

In reality, Hiro Protagonist delivers pizza for Uncle Enzo’s CosoNostra Pizza Inc., but in the Metaverse he’s a warrior prince. Plunging headlong into the enigma of a new computer virus that’s striking down hackers everywhere, he races along the neon-lit streets on a search-and-destroy mission for the shadowy virtual villain threatening to bring about infocalypse.
ah, i kinda know lot of stories similar to that (the virtual world and fighting the virus and stuff), so pass xD, ty though ^^ .
hemagoku
hemagoku
Musician
Musician

All about your fav books and literature! - Page 2 TopPoster

Back to top Go down

Post by -_CreepeR_- Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:00 am

Modern.
-_CreepeR_-
-_CreepeR_-
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wolfdarkn Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:33 pm

-_CreepeR_- wrote:i listed five books not one, be specific.

@wolf, that sounds cheesy as fuck o.o Hiro Protagonist? Cosanostra? Yeeaaaah xD
It's considered a classic and isn't cheesy. A widely acclaimed book. Those names make sense because it is in a way a satire or parody of cyberpunk.
wolfdarkn
wolfdarkn
Captain
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by -_CreepeR_- Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:32 pm

Satire is only good when subtle. Hiro Protagonist is about as subtle as the humor in "Meet the Spartans" which is a satire of modern action films. Doesn't stop it from being shit.
-_CreepeR_-
-_CreepeR_-
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wolfdarkn Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:32 pm

-_CreepeR_- wrote:Satire is only good when subtle. Hiro Protagonist is about as subtle as the humor in "Meet the Spartans" which is a satire of modern action films. Doesn't stop it from being shit.
Meh. I don't care about convincing you. But if anybody else likes books that deal with the philosophy of language and religion set in a cyberpunk universe. Well it'll be there.
wolfdarkn
wolfdarkn
Captain
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2