Supernovas Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All about your fav books and literature!

+2
wolfdarkn
-_CreepeR_-
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

All about your fav books and literature! Empty All about your fav books and literature!

Post by -_CreepeR_- Sun Sep 08, 2013 3:48 am

Well i get this kinda sorta feeling that since our jolly ol days on the titanic of INP we have all kinda moved past the anime/catvideos mentality and into more settled "grown up" stuff. Hell just looks at how dark and psychological most of teh tv-shows we watch nowadays are >< I'm pretty sure three years ago hannibal would've bored the living fuck out of me, now - i think it's fucking genius xD So to commemorate ze fact - here's a new forum and a place for books and literature :DThis is ofc largely influenced by the fact that i've once again started reading a lot after coming to a sudden realization that both my grammar and writing skills have dulled XD (and yes, SN story is still gonna continue, i'm moving house and changing jobs right now as well as applying for a uk drivers license now that my lithuanian one has expired so cut me some slack god damn it xD.)

Sooo.. yeah.. BOOKS! O_O
All about your fav books and literature! Qmeme_1378572709737_478_zps9e885561
-_CreepeR_-
-_CreepeR_-
Admin
Admin

All about your fav books and literature! DancingDevil

https://snlounge.4umer.com

Back to top Go down

All about your fav books and literature! Empty Re: All about your fav books and literature!

Post by wolfdarkn Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:05 pm

I'm reading A Dance With Dragons. Almost have way done and I'll be all caught up with A Song of Ice and Fire. Then I might move onto something nonfiction.

You're right about that whole growing up thing.
wolfdarkn
wolfdarkn
Captain
Captain

All about your fav books and literature! 1285809967

Back to top Go down

All about your fav books and literature! Empty Re: All about your fav books and literature!

Post by Sayo-chan! Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:20 am

I've been going through Brandon Sanderson's books recently, The Mistborn Trilogy + The Alloy of Law, Elantris, Warbreaker and Way of the Kings. Currently reading Blood Song which got great reviews but my mind is distracted by the Riyria Chronicles which I want to read again so so so so so so badly but my sister has the first book currently T.T
Sayo-chan!
Sayo-chan!
Sniper
Sniper

Back to top Go down

Post by Liene Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:17 am

That's one of the best topics you ever opened Creeps. Seriously! Very Happy

I give you a Month till I'm going to kick your ass again because of the SNstory! So beware the 8th of October! Technically I'd be able to kick your butt in reality since I am still in England then Very Happy

I don't know where to start.... maybe something really really general: I LOVE reading Very Happy I absolutely love it.
Last book I finished was the hitchhikers guide to the galaxy part 4. Started after that Inkblood (if that is the English title). I have a faible for books about books or bookrelated stuff Very Happy
Liene
Liene
Shichibukai
Shichibukai

All about your fav books and literature! 1182600-1A2GS3D

Back to top Go down

Post by -_CreepeR_- Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:16 am

by grim's efforts i started reading Warhammer 40,000 books xD Reading the Esienhorn trilogy right now. Gotta say - feels kinda weird reading a book written from 1st person. But also fascinating Very Happy
-_CreepeR_-
-_CreepeR_-
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wolfdarkn Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:22 pm

Sayo-chan! wrote:I've been going through Brandon Sanderson's books recently, The Mistborn Trilogy + The Alloy of Law, Elantris, Warbreaker and Way of the Kings. Currently reading Blood Song which got great reviews but my mind is distracted by the Riyria Chronicles which I want to read again so so so so so so badly but my sister has the first book currently T.T
My copy of Elantris is..somewhere. I need to find it and finally finish it. I should also Sanderson it up because I've only heard good things.
wolfdarkn
wolfdarkn
Captain
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by -_CreepeR_- Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:09 am

i picked up the mistborn trilogy following someone's suggestion in the sea chatroom. The Final Empire (first book) was quite alright but i couldn't suffer through even half of the second book and dropped it. Obviously didn't bother reading the third book either since i didn't read the second.
-_CreepeR_-
-_CreepeR_-
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sayo-chan! Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:28 am

-_CreepeR_- wrote:i picked up the mistborn trilogy following someone's suggestion in the sea chatroom. The Final Empire (first book) was quite alright but i couldn't suffer through even half of the second book and dropped it. Obviously didn't bother reading the third book either since i didn't read the second.
You really should try and finish it. I dropped it for a bit too but then finished it and glad I did. I think you'll enjoy Alloy of Law more as well which is set like 200 years in the future or something and it's like wild west with Allomancy but you won't understand most of it if you don't finish the third Mistborn book.
Sayo-chan!
Sayo-chan!
Sniper
Sniper

Back to top Go down

Post by _Peksi Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:13 am

Started reading Dark Tower: The Wind Through the Keyhole.
Seems pretty interesting so far, since you get to learn more about Rolands younger days
_Peksi
_Peksi
Doctor
Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post by wolfdarkn Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:02 am

_Peksi wrote:Started reading Dark Tower: The Wind Through the Keyhole.
Seems pretty interesting so far, since you get to learn more about Rolands younger days
Just how good is the Dark Tower?
wolfdarkn
wolfdarkn
Captain
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by _Peksi Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:30 am

wolfdarkn wrote:
_Peksi wrote:Started reading Dark Tower: The Wind Through the Keyhole.
Just how good is the Dark Tower?
It's one of the best book series I have ever read.
_Peksi
_Peksi
Doctor
Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post by -_CreepeR_- Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:26 am

that requires some example to form a point of perspective :S list some series that you think Dark Tower is better than Very Happy
-_CreepeR_-
-_CreepeR_-
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by _Peksi Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:13 am

-_CreepeR_- wrote:that requires some example to form a point of perspective :S list some series that you think Dark Tower is better than Very Happy
Imo it's on par with Song of Fire and Ice and The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy(both are among my all time favorites), maybe slightly better if you don't count the ending of DT:shock: 
The only series I would place above it would Salvatore's legend of Drizzt(though i'm kinda bias about this series)
Other than that I liked it more than LOTR(same goes for all the previously mentioned too)

One thing I really liked about DT was the main characters, since they are one of the weirdest and most interesting bunch I have come across. I can't really say much about them since it would get pretty spoileris aside from the main-main character.
Oh and a fair warning for those who have read the Hitchhiker's Guide series. DT is can be as(if not more) "confusing" as HHGTTG, there's some serious "WTF!?!" moments.
_Peksi
_Peksi
Doctor
Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post by -_CreepeR_- Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:12 am

that is quite a shining recommendation i must say :O i'll give ti a try once i'm done with eisenhorn. And what do you mean "if you don't count the ending"? Does it have a shitty ending?
-_CreepeR_-
-_CreepeR_-
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by _Peksi Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:08 am

-_CreepeR_- wrote:that is quite a shining recommendation i must say :O i'll give ti a try once i'm done with eisenhorn. And what do you mean "if you don't count the ending"? Does it have a shitty ending?
Well it's one of the those series that people seem to either love or hate with passion. So yea give it a try when you got the time.
I wouldn't call it a shitty ending, more like infuriating(unless you happen to like this kind of endings that is)
What makes it even worse is that you really should see it coming, since the author drops hints here and there.
_Peksi
_Peksi
Doctor
Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post by -_CreepeR_- Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:45 am

aaaand i have totally looked up the ending on wikipedia xD Doesn't see too infuriating really. If anything it poses a possibility of new adventures with new characters and a different spin so yeah xD
-_CreepeR_-
-_CreepeR_-
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sayo-chan! Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:05 am

-_CreepeR_- wrote:aaaand i have totally looked up the ending on wikipedia xD Doesn't see too infuriating really. If anything it poses a possibility of new adventures with new characters and a different spin so yeah xD
Way to spoiler yourself
Sayo-chan!
Sayo-chan!
Sniper
Sniper

Back to top Go down

Post by _Peksi Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:23 pm

-_CreepeR_- wrote:aaaand i have totally looked up the ending on wikipedia xD Doesn't see too infuriating really. If anything it poses a possibility of new adventures with new characters and a different spin so yeah xD
Epic self spoiler lol
Well it's easy to say that when you haven't read 7 goddamn books before that Suspect

_Peksi
_Peksi
Doctor
Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post by -_CreepeR_- Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:50 am

Well according to you it's not like they were a drag, so you must've enjoyed them a great deal. So wouldn't the possibility of a continuation be all the more exciting for you?

P.S. totally accidentally cliked "edit" instead of "reply" and then spend 5 minutes going "wth? Where's my post?!" xD
-_CreepeR_-
-_CreepeR_-
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by _Peksi Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:21 am

-_CreepeR_- wrote:Well according to you it's not like they were a drag, so you must've enjoyed them a great deal. So wouldn't the possibility of a continuation be all the more exciting for you?

P.S. totally accidentally cliked "edit" instead of "reply" and then spend 5 minutes going "wth? Where's my post?!" xD
Yea it's an awesome series and I would love to see a continuation.
But the thing is King made it pretty clear that Rolands journey is now over and there will be no sequels to the series.
The lastest book that I'm currently reading is a tie in between 4 and 5(basically "Dark Tower 4.5") and that's as close to an actual continuation we are gonna get according to King.
_Peksi
_Peksi
Doctor
Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post by -_CreepeR_- Sat Sep 14, 2013 3:21 am

We'll just wait ab it until King's well of money runs a little shallower and then he will totes release at least a "closure" book to depict the actual "end" of Roland's journey Very Happy (fuckign trying so hard not to spoil it right now ><)
-_CreepeR_-
-_CreepeR_-
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hemagoku Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:18 am

sadly i only read technical/studying books and manga only Sad .
hemagoku
hemagoku
Musician
Musician

All about your fav books and literature! TopPoster

Back to top Go down

Post by -_CreepeR_- Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:06 am

you're missing out, really
-_CreepeR_-
-_CreepeR_-
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hemagoku Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:05 am

its cuz of games Sad, i do want to read stuff, but i tend to forget the stuff if i stop in the middle and say i ll continue later, so i end up not continuing Sad.
mm, maybe i could try again xD, u guys got something nice that has to do with time loops or something like that ? thats kinda on my mind atm cuz of that song xD.
hemagoku
hemagoku
Musician
Musician

All about your fav books and literature! TopPoster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sayo-chan! Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:28 am

hemagoku wrote:its cuz of games Sad, i do want to read stuff, but i tend to forget the stuff if i stop in the middle and say i ll continue later, so i end up not continuing Sad.
mm, maybe i could try again xD, u guys got something nice that has to do with time loops or something like that ? thats kinda on my mind atm cuz of that song xD.
The Time Travelers Wife? never read it myself but saw the film i think. Heard the books good
Sayo-chan!
Sayo-chan!
Sniper
Sniper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next