Supernovas Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Here's that giant list I make every year.

4 posters

Go down

Here's that giant list I make every year. Empty Here's that giant list I make every year.

Post by wolfdarkn Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:22 pm

Every year I make a personal list of what movies are coming out in the year that I want to watch or watch out for. Here is the list for 2014, in order of release date, not preference. If something you want to watch is omitted, it's on purpose. (Though I probably overlooked something)

The Lego Movie
(Good cast, trailer makes it look entertaining. Plus legos.)

The Grand Budapest Hotel
(Wes Anderson. That's enough for me. Also looks great.)

Mr. Peabody & Sherman
(Remember these shorts? Plus the trailer makes it look like a good adaptation and not Smurfs/Yogi Bear trash.)

Need For Speed
(I want it to be good but I'm not sure it will be.)

Muppets Most Wanted
(Is this my most wanted picture of the year? No, but it's up there and I wanted to make that joke before every review did something along the line of that.)

Noah
(Ehh. I could do without the whitewashing of Biblical figures who should be various shades of brown but it's directed by Darren Aronofsky.)

The Raid 2: Berandal
(Haven't seen the first one, this is on the list for Otis.)

Captain America: The Winter Soldier
(After some thought, Captain America was a better film than Thor, so I'm looking forward to this more than I did Thor 2.)

Transcendence
(Directorial debut of Wally Pfister, you know him as that guy that makes Chris Nolan movies look pretty.)

The Amazing Spider-Man 2
(Still disappointed with number 1 but I'll probably end up seeing this one anyway.)

Chef
(Directed by Jon Favreau, it has a good cast. And I just like Jon Favreau. Hope it's good.)

Neighbors
(Seth Rogen vs Zac Efron. This might be the worst movie to make this list. We'll see.)

Godzilla
(I'd like it to be good. That teaser was cool and all but I still remember that Matthew Brodrick garbage.)

X-Men: Days of Future Past
(Hell yes. Hell to the yes. First Class was first class and this could wash out the bad taste of X-3.)

Maleficient
(I'd like it to be good, but I don't know. It'll probably be the quality of Alice in Wonderland or Oz the Great and Powerful. Yeah Disney I remember the other stuff you've made.)

A Million Ways to Die in the West  
(Seth MacFarlane directed comedy western. Also he stars in it. I've heard Ted was good and so were the first few seasons of Family Guy so yeah maybe this'll be good.)

Edge of Tomorrow
(Can we stop casting Tom Cruise in Sci Fi action movies? Also All You Need is Kill, the title of the book is better. If the reviews are good I'll watch it.)

22 Jump Street
(Dude. I'm totes in on this one.)

How to Train Your Dragon 2
(Yes. God the first one is one of the best animated pictures ever made. Too bad it came out the same year as Toy Story 3.)

Hercules: The Thracian Wars
(The Rock + Director of Rush Hour.* *But he also directed X-3 and do with that information what you will.)

Basic Math/Sex Tape  
(I like Jason Segel, Jack Black, but dislike Cameron Diaz.)

Guardians of the Galaxy
(Bert Macklin! FBI, uh I mean Peter Quill, Star Lord! This better be space sci-fi fun.)

The Hundred-Foot Journey
(Helen Mirren and a sprinkling of great Indian actors puts this up my alley.)

Search Party
(Has a lot of comedy people that I like. Closer to that Don't Trust that Bitch in Apartment 23, Community, Happy Endings, and The League crossover we didn't knew we wanted.)

The Boxtrolls
(From people behind Coraline, Paranorman, and the Grickle comics (which I know from Puzzle Agent) Really Laika hasn't made a bad movie that I can recall. Reminder to go watch Paranorman.)

Gone Girl
(David Fincher = Yes. Plus some Ben Affleck action.)

The Interview
(This is the End means I'll give Seth Rogen's next directing thing a lot of optimism.)

Big Hero 6
(Marvel + Disney Animation. This is the tester for how could them buying Marvel could be.)

Interstellar
(Chris Nolan and Matthew McConaughey on that giant upswing in his career quality.)

Paddington
(Dude it's Paddington Bear played by Colin Firth! Something something marmalade.)

Annie
(Jay-Z and Will Smith present Annie. Jamie Foxx as rich dude. It's a hard knock life indeed.)

Night at the Museum 3
(Reminder that I still want National Treasure 3. That's why this is on the list.)
wolfdarkn
wolfdarkn
Captain
Captain

Here's that giant list I make every year. 1285809967

Back to top Go down

Here's that giant list I make every year. Empty Re: Here's that giant list I make every year.

Post by hemagoku Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:24 am

ty for the lists as always xD.
hemagoku
hemagoku
Musician
Musician

Here's that giant list I make every year. TopPoster

Back to top Go down

Here's that giant list I make every year. Empty Re: Here's that giant list I make every year.

Post by -_CreepeR_- Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:21 pm

Ohy c'moon. Hating on the original Godzilla is cliche as fuck, that movie was cheesy fun even if it did start broderickzilla.

Also really? Yoi like that rape of origin called First Class? The plays staged by (i assume to be) retarded children of mitchell brooks on Big Fat Quiz of the year are more coherent and entertaining than that piece of garbage. Hell i even enjoyed the god awful x3 more than that dreck because at least it had some good scenes in it ad had an air of fun.
-_CreepeR_-
-_CreepeR_-
Admin
Admin

Here's that giant list I make every year. DancingDevil

https://snlounge.4umer.com

Back to top Go down

Post by wolfdarkn Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:34 pm

Hating on something being cliche doesn't make sense when it is something that is widely considered awful. Like it's not a cliche, it's a widely held opinion.

And wow, belittling rape, and making fun of mentally challenged people in one post? Your opinion must be soooo valid. *eyeroll*

It's okay for you to like these movies or not like 'em, but you don't have to be a bad person about it.
wolfdarkn
wolfdarkn
Captain
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by -_CreepeR_- Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:47 am

acting all high and mighty does not make your opinions any more valid either, you don't see me calling you out on that Razz I just find it oddly hilarious that you seem to share the mainstream critic opinion and not the wide audience opinion Razz Let me guess, you hated Grown Ups too? Razz
-_CreepeR_-
-_CreepeR_-
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hemagoku Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:32 am

*watching creeps and wolf movie opinion fight*
*ty creeps xD*

Last edited by hemagoku on Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:21 am; edited 1 time in total
hemagoku
hemagoku
Musician
Musician

Back to top Go down

Post by -_CreepeR_- Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:48 am

Ah, here's a good one hema, you can use this Very Happy
-_CreepeR_-
-_CreepeR_-
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hemagoku Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:20 am

ah, didn't think of vids, thanks i ll edit it in right away xD.
hemagoku
hemagoku
Musician
Musician

Back to top Go down

Post by wolfdarkn Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:33 am

-_CreepeR_- wrote:acting all high and mighty does not make your opinions any more valid either, you don't see me calling you out on that :PI just find it oddly hilarious that you seem to share the mainstream critic opinion and not the wide audience opinion :PLet me guess, you hated Grown Ups too? Razz

Dude disagree with my opinions all you want, but you can do it in a way that doesn't make you out as a terrible person.
wolfdarkn
wolfdarkn
Captain
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by -_CreepeR_- Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:08 pm

But i AM a terrible person, what's your point? Huh?
-_CreepeR_-
-_CreepeR_-
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wolfdarkn Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:31 pm

It's my Bob the Builder inner monologue that makes me think I can fix that.
wolfdarkn
wolfdarkn
Captain
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by -_CreepeR_- Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:56 am

Not really, you just kinda come off as snobby xD
-_CreepeR_-
-_CreepeR_-
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Liene Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:01 am

I like your list (as I do probably every time) Smile Thanks
Liene
Liene
Shichibukai
Shichibukai

Here's that giant list I make every year. 1182600-1A2GS3D

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down