Supernovas Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Heart of the Beast RP (IC)

+2
Melo
-_CreepeR_-
6 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Heart of the Beast RP (IC) - Page 3 Empty Re: Heart of the Beast RP (IC)

Post by Melo Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:31 am

Ashur would make for his tent shortly after Zephyr, after finishing his drink.  The day had been long and tiring. Ashur turned to Bob and excused himself. He made his way to his tent, it was here where the fatigue really started to settle in. It wasn't the most comfortable rest he'd ever have, but it was most definitely welcome.  The moment he was on his back, he was gone.

Ashur got out of his tent a little later than the others, but definitely not too late for breakfast. His body ached from yesterday's rather intensive workout, but nothing he couldn't handle. His head, on the other hand, hurt like a mother. He stretched his body and looked around. He got some bread and water and made his way to the rest of the group. "Don't tell me we too have to call him lord now!" He exclaimed as he approached. Trying to be as humorous as one can with a killer headache."Anyway, what were you talking about?" Ashur didn't really knew more about the healing than the other, of course. Ashur did not really think there was more to know than 'put crystal in, patch it up' anyway.

Ashur sat down and took a bite from his breakfast. Before this bite he actually hadn't noticed how hungry he really was. He quickly took another bite after swallowing the first. "So, any plans for today?"
Melo
Melo
Sniper
Sniper

Back to top Go down

Post by Anndgrim Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:59 am

Kron grunted in his wake. Heart of the Beast RP (IC) - Page 3 HcpvRHolding his blanket around the shoulders, he suddenly stood up and walked over the same table as the others.
"Hey. You gathered some crystals from the fortress yesterday, right? Where did you put that bag?" he asked as he bent over and back, looking around to spot it while sitting.
"...I'm gonna need that. Oh... hey Katherine, I heard that by the way."
"Are you still drunk?"
"No... no, I'm good, sort of."
After looking around for a bit he finally found the bag he was looking for. Sitting back at the table he picked a crystal and drew one of his knives.
"You were asking about that whole healing thing."
Kron unwrapped the bandages on his left arm. It was bright red and obviously swollen, the smaller blood vessels in his arm had ruptured and flooded the tissues.
Kron picked up the knife with his right hand and stabbed the wounded limb lying on the table. Blood flowly arose from the wound, dark and thick. Not waiting for the cut to clear up, he jammed the "Smoke" labelled crystal in. Quickly, he wrapped the bandage around his arm and poured some alcohol over it.
Anndgrim
Anndgrim
Henchman
Henchman

Back to top Go down

Post by balis Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:14 am

Kali-en looked at the cat woman incredulously : "you put the crystal inside your body ?"
The uniform smirked at him, "yeah, that's the definition of embedding a crystal"
"And it heals faster your wounds? But what do you do after? You're not keeping the crystal inside forever are you?"
"Well, yes we do. That's how we get to charge and release the crystals"
"So the lightning you threw back there actually came from a crystal inside your body?"
The cat woman looked at him for a second before answering, “Yes. Why are you so interested in how this power works anyway?”
“Yeah I’d like to know that too”, both the uniform and the cat woman were looking at Kali-en, waiting for an answer, but he was already far away in his mind, processing the possibilities.
So they put a charged crystal within their body, and can somehow release its charge. After releasing it, they manage to refill it with the same charge and shoot it again. Does this process works indefinitely? Probably, as it would be quite hard to go fishing for a crystal that had been embedded in you for weeks or months.
And the said crystals had the convenient characteristic of healing your wounds, better than a shaman’s potion apparently. By the way, how could the cat woman know that? Didn’t she say that they only recently discovered that they were Nullomancers? So the shadow guy had been teaching them how it works?
Kali-en should probably try to put some of his crystals inside his wounds, then he could -
“Hum, Kali-en?”, he had completely forgotten about the group, he looked up and saw them staring at him, some suspiciously so.
“hum.. sorry I kind of forget that I’m with people when I think about something”
Without missing a beat, Zeph said with a big smile :“You were thinking the whole time? dude, you’re slow”
“How about answering our question?”, the would-be leader reminded him. Kali-en didn’t have any time left to think about something, so he went with the truth, or most of it.
“Huh? Oh yeah, hum, the shado- the ghost told me that to check if I am a Nullomancer, I have to stab myself with a crystal-arrow, on my chest. And I couldn’t really bring myself to do that, so I figured I could as well ask you guys how that stuff worked”
“He told you to stab yourself in the chest? What the hell is wrong with this guy? You just need to touch a charged crystal with an empty one. If the charge does not go off, you’re a Null.”
Well, that was surprisingly easy, if he knew that, Kali-en would have asked at the beginning.
“Go on, try it”, the would-be leader told him, handing him an empty crystal and a freezing one.
Kali-en took the crystals and put them together. The crystal didn’t go off, but he already knew that.
“So now, I just need to summon up the courage to reopen my wounds and put the charged crystals inside right? Is there a limit to the number of crystals I can put?”
“Yep that’s it, and Arbos told us that we could only put five for the moment, as our body was not ready for more. Anyway guys, what’s the plan for today?”, the would-be leader said, turning slightly on his chair to address everyone.
Five crystals? He had on him rocks, fire, heat, water and wind crystals. Could he put one of each? If he put two rocks crystals, what would be different? The number of releases? The power of a release? Could he control the power when releasing a charge, much like his custom mine?
There were still some questions left, but he had to go back to the conversation at hand, as it will probably involve him.
“I thought you guys were going to Sayrn?", he answered to Ashur, he then turned to everyone on the table, and casually aske, "Oh, by the way, who’s the leader of your group?”.

Last edited by balis on Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:37 am; edited 1 time in total
balis
balis
Swordsman
Swordsman

Back to top Go down

Post by Melo Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:32 am

And with that, it seemed they had a new nullomancer in their midst. Who knew the guy they randomly saved from the execution site would turn out to be a nullomancer. Was this another string of fate being sown into their greater thread? Was this a trick of the gods for their late saturday night show? He didn't really know why Arbos would tell him to get stabbed in the chest though. Was he just playing tricks or did he try to seriously injure the guy? It did not matter now, he found out in a safer way. He would probably have many more questions about crystals later. For now he just had to embed them and let it heal. The real deal would come within a day or two.

Now that their newbie nullomancer had his basics on embedding, Ashur figured it'd be right to move on to the next topic at hand. They would need a plan for today. He figured the best way was to get imput from the rest. The first answer would come from Kali-en. Ashur sighed as he answered and formulated a question of his own. "Heading for Sayrn is good and all, but we'd be morons if we were to leave any unfinished business behind here." Ashur took a look at everyone "The very least we'll have to do is to is scavenge through the crystal supply here. I'm sure there will be more usefull things for us there than Kron's carbide. Any other suggestions?"

Ashur thought for a second as he moved on to Kali-en's own question "A leader? It's not really something I have thought about much honestly. We only really know eachother for a few days after all." Ashur couldn't really add anything more to that. Something like a leader was very much group dependant. He actually wondered what the rest had to say about this.
Melo
Melo
Sniper
Sniper

Back to top Go down

Post by -_CreepeR_- Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:50 am

As if by hearing the magic word Arbos materialized right above the group, nonchalantly flying through the air while playing with a tiny ghostly knife.

"Now now, this conversation is just too delicious!" He said with a sly smirk on his face as he descended to the ground and began circling the group, inspecting each and every one of the as a merchant would cattle. "Well, how about i cast the first proverbial stone, hmmm? Heehehehhe..."

He cackled nastily and then instantly appeared behind Kalien placing a hand on his head.
"I say let little Klein be the leader. After all if it wasn't for him we would have never taken the keep this easily. Unless, of course... some of you have some... mhm.. Objections?"

As he spoke his body slowly disappeared until only his crooked smile and mischievous eyes were left visible once more. With the last word he vanished completely with a slight poof.
-_CreepeR_-
-_CreepeR_-
Admin
Admin

Heart of the Beast RP (IC) - Page 3 DancingDevil

https://snlounge.4umer.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Lord_K Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:09 am

Ashur had asked something else, but Spooks idea of candidate was going pretty out of its way to stir the pot. Despite how little he tried to care or get in the middle of these things, even that one seemed like a bit much to really get behind.

"Say what? I'll be the first to say I don't really give a shit who's stuck playing follow the leader, but white sheet man surely knows that isn't really something most people would go along with. Picking the new guy nobody knows anything about isn't really something I'm behind personally, especially since he's an unknown element to us for the most part. At least that's as far as I see it anyhow."
The_Lord_K
The_Lord_K
Henchman
Henchman

Location : Some places with trees. and hills. Trees on hills. and houses.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sayo-chan! Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:18 am

Naya played with her earring while she thought.
"I agree with Zephyr, we met Kali-en only yesterday. It would be hard for me to put my trust in him after only a short amount of time, but I could say the same for anyone here. Personally, I think it is too soon to pick a leader,but if it must be done then that person will have to gain the trust of everyone here fairly quickly."

She paused again, stilling her hand, then shook her head. "I don't think I would be a good enough leader."
Sayo-chan!
Sayo-chan!
Sniper
Sniper

Back to top Go down

Post by balis Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:00 am

"The guy tries to kill me and then he wants to appoint me leader?", Kali-en muttered, then he said aloud : "There's no way I'm going to lead any group. Apart from the trust issues, I'm pretty sure I don't share your goals or ideals", gesturing quotation marks with that last word.
“Anyway, I know I will be able to help you like in the Keep by playing the guide, but don’t expect anything else from me, unless you are in real danger”, he paused, then added, “and I am not”.
balis
balis
Swordsman
Swordsman

Back to top Go down

Post by -_CreepeR_- Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:07 am

With a giant whoosh Arbos once again appeared out of the now-defunct campfire with a mad smile on his ghastly face.

"MY OH MY!" He shouted eccentrically. "What a twist, do my ears deceive me or did the little thief decide to join our little foray into an epic suicide?"

He flew closer to Kali-en, smile ever present on his face.

"I don't remember extending any invitations, unless I was sleepwalking and put out some flyers 'round the place, of course. Which, as you might imagine would be tough... for a SPECTRE. Could it be that you liked us all so much you want to be our friend? Or are you intent on repaying your debt of life to us?"

He then instantly shifted closer to Kalien, so that no one else, not even the Selkie could hear. Kali-en only managed to get an instant of a glimpse into Arbos' eyes, that shined with mischief and at the same time with emotions too dark to be put into words. He whispered.

"Or could it be... that the little dirty Sayrn brigand wants to learn from me... how to control the power that could rival GODS?...

With that said Arbos immediately disappeared into thin air once again.
-_CreepeR_-
-_CreepeR_-
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Lord_K Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:28 pm

For being an old and supposedly knowledgeable person, ghosty sure acted like a huge asshat. He also seemed to have a habit of making everything overly dramatic. Zephyr shrugged, he personally had no reason to think that Kal wasn't going to tag along anyway, at least for a bit. Regardless of what kind of monkey he acted like, Arbz still had tons of things worth learning from him.

"Maybe it's just me, I don't see how that's so surprising. I kind of figured as much would be likely. Alright so we now know he's a thief at LEAST. Noted, keep tabs on your stuff. If you people want to grill him about it feel free.
Personally, I like having the extra help. If he was the type to bite the hand that feeds him, I don't think he'd have stayed around until morning regardless of the reason that he has. Plus our friendly neighborhood ghoul has some sort of liking to him. If you want to mark that as a good thing or bad thing is up to you though."
The_Lord_K
The_Lord_K
Henchman
Henchman

Back to top Go down

Post by Anndgrim Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:46 pm

Kron was sitting at the table, not really looking at anyone or anything than the sandwich he had assembled from the remaining food supplies.
"Leave him there. We don't need him or at least we don't have to. Executions aren't that common a thing. You either have to defy the empire's authority or do something really messed up, and seeing as this wasn't much of a public one, I'm guessing whoever ordered didn't care much for making an example, which would imply that what he did was of the latter category."
Kron seemed more focus on his sandwich than on his surroundings.
"He might appear useful, but that's all the more room for things to go wrong and if you start relying on him you'll end up your ass on the floor. Should have made this a stool with a shaky leg analogy... Anyway," Kron paused and took a glance at the space where Arbos used to float. "this guy's knee jerk reaction was to give us a fake name and identity, all sounds like some shady character. I don't know about you but I'm not one for nursing a viper in my embrace. But that's just my two coppers."
Anndgrim
Anndgrim
Henchman
Henchman

Back to top Go down

Post by balis Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:44 pm

Kali-en was still trying to shrug off the uncomfortable feeling of having looked into the shadow. It was disturbing, awfully so. It reminded him of the first time he had looked at the Being-of-Luck.

When he at least managed to get his bearings together, he heard the other talk about giving a false name..

His face darkened, "What, you think I am going to give you my Name just like that? You guys have no idea what can be done to someone once you know his name, don't go and label me a "viper" just because I take my precaution, in my opinion, you guys are really stupid, or ignorant, for giving out your names like that. I honestly suggest you to use aliases in Sayrn.
That said, I'm pretty sure I can go wherever I fucking want, what's that "leave him there"? You think I'm some kind of baby you'll have to hold? Or are you saying you will try make me stay here?

And just for your information, my name is not Klein either."
balis
balis
Swordsman
Swordsman

Back to top Go down

Post by Anndgrim Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:59 am

"Oh good... what is it then? Klyne? Colin? Calvin? Clint? Kolien, Kulien, Kilien, Kylien, Kelien? Anyway, by leave him there I meant that we go our separate ways, not really that hard to piece together.  Either you're genuinely offended which would make you an idiot or you are just acting to advert the attention from the real issue. It doesn't really matter if lying about your name was the sensible choice to make, I don't have a problem with that, but running the risk of repeating myself I'll say this. You're a stranger, lying about his identity, who is obviously experienced in sneaking around and stabbing people in the back, your 'personal belongings' include more daggers than anyone has any right to and we found you resting your head on a chopping block. So either you're an honest-to-god... Or! far more likely, you're a sleazebag who got caught. Now, your previous actions seem to suggest you're relatively smart so I'm gonna ask you... do I trust you? Well, would you?"

Last edited by Anndgrim on Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Anndgrim
Anndgrim
Henchman
Henchman

Back to top Go down

Post by balis Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:19 am

A small bitter smile crept on Kali-en face.
"Just keep on playing with names, you'll know what I'm talking about once you reach Sayrn.
You are right though, I don't need to get offended by it. But as I said, unless the sha- huh, Arbos I think, stops me from following the group, there's no use in discussing point, because I will follow you."
balis
balis
Swordsman
Swordsman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sayo-chan! Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:15 am

Naya rubbed her temples slowly, her headache was starting to come back.
"None of this arguing is helping! There's no way to stop him following us so let him. I personally wouldn't mind having another person for the trip, however," she turned to 'Kali-en' "we saved you're life, I think we deserve to know your real name at least. If you'll be traveling with us there can't be any secrets."

She grabbed the water jug, refilled her mug and took a big gulp of water.
"Now, are we gunna vote for a leader, or let Arbos randomly pick one of us?"
Sayo-chan!
Sayo-chan!
Sniper
Sniper

Back to top Go down

Post by balis Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:56 am

Kali-en sighed.
"It's not like I don't want to, well, no, honestly, I don't want to, but even if I wanted to, I can't give you my real name", he then looked down as he said, "You all did save my life, and for that I'll follow you until my debt is paid, but please don't ask for my real name again"
balis
balis
Swordsman
Swordsman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sayo-chan! Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:09 am

Naya quirked an eyebrow at Kali-en.
"Then i guess the only thing to ask you is what do you want to be called by us? Kali-en or Klein?"
Sayo-chan!
Sayo-chan!
Sniper
Sniper

Back to top Go down

Post by balis Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:39 am

"Klein is an alias I use as a known thief in Sayrn. So some people there might call me Klein, but I'd rather you call me Kali-en, please".
balis
balis
Swordsman
Swordsman

Back to top Go down

Post by Melo Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:52 am

"AHEM" Ashur said loud, he was visibly annoyed by this whole conversation. He had been sitting there silently as Kron and Kali-en had been arguing, but if it went on like this it would only create more discord in the group. "As long as you are not planning on stabbing us in the back, I think it's fine if he joins us." Ashur paused for a moment before he continued "We saved his ass and Arbos is the only one who can teach him how to use nullomancy."
Ashur fixed his gaze specifically on Kron "If you can''t trust his honor, why not bet on a greed for power eh? At least give the guy a chance."

With that said, Ashur wished to just close this topic. He drank from his mug and then turned to the rest "I think it's time for us to return to the real topic of the day, isn't it? If nobody is willing to nominate himself, why not follow the ghost's silly example and nominate the one you do deem fit?" Ashur took another sip from his water, and waited for whoever would speak up next.
Melo
Melo
Sniper
Sniper

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Lord_K Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:32 am

Zephyr replied rather quickly to Ashur about that one: "The ghost's strong, but he's a dick. For all we know he might just as easily go find a 3 legged dog and nominate it. For all intents and purposes, it may as well be you. You're more used to dealing with people behind you as far as I've seen, as well as have dealt with people in a situation similar. While I know the military's work, I haven't ever commanded anything. Granted, I'll only follow what I feel is actually reasonable. Which is also part of why I'd say you.

Also, to be frank, while most people here have common sense I wouldn't say most of them seem like any type of people person. There's what I would call varying issues for anyone else here to actually be fine in any situation that would require talking to various people or avoiding fights in some places where it would be far more prudent to. Not to say exactly that anyone here is bound to fuck up, seeing as I don't know anyone particularly personally, just that everyone seems to have their own "quirks" about them. Whereas you seem generally more balanced dealing with people. Either way, we should wrap this up and move along. It feels like it's been days."
The_Lord_K
The_Lord_K
Henchman
Henchman

Back to top Go down

Post by balis Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:44 pm

Kali-en turned to Ashur and clapped his hands, "You're now our beloved leader, great!"
He got up and said: "Now that it's decided, I figured you guys need to do stuff before leaving right? I'm gonna try the embedding crystal thingy in my tent meanwhile, see ya~~".

As soon as he entered his tent, he took a deep breath and methodically removed his various bandages from the wound in his shoulder and arm.
He still didn't have any clues on how he was supposed to put them, were there any rules regarding the number of crystals you could put in the same location? Did he have to completely put the crystal inside the body or just a part of it?

"Fuck it". He was getting tired of thinking uselessly, and so he put entirely a heat and a water crystal in his right forearm, and only a part of a rock and a wind crystal in his shoulder.
He bandaged everything, again, and waited.

"Nope, nothing is happening". How was he supposed to know if the crystals were healing his wounds faster, apart from waiting?

"Okay, how do I release my crystals now?".
None of the group made any particular movements or sounds when they were fighting the imperial back in the Keep, so it's something in their minds, or something instinctive like moving an arm.

With a sigh, he entered his meditation trance, the same one he uses when going to sleep, and began to check everything in his body, with a little luck, he might find the crystals.

He went to his body as a whole, feeling the fabric of his clothes, The slight wind touching the skin his clothes didn't cover.
He went a level deeper.
There he found the weariness from his limbs, the strength left in each of them, the areas where the wounds were.
He went a level deeper.
Feeling the heartbeats, the blood flowing everywhere, feeding his organs, going to his brain, fueling it.
In that state of awareness, he could control perfectly, for a short time, each of his muscles, organs and articulations. He knew his body and what was inside it.
But he couldn't find anything else. He broke off his concentration.

"Well damn".

He couldn't bring himself to ask the shadow-guy - he was pretty sure half of the answer would be false anyway - and couldn't just go back to the group and asked them, he kind of missed the timing..

He decided to take a nap, he was mentally exhausted.
balis
balis
Swordsman
Swordsman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sayo-chan! Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:01 am

Lae'Naya rested her chin on her hand and watched Kali-en walk away.
"Y'know, for someone so mistrusting he accepted that pretty quickly. Anyway, I was going to suggest either Zephyr or Ashur, but since Zeph backed out I'll vote for Ashur." She got up and stepped out of the bench. "Guess that gives him the majority vote now." she stretched again.
"I have some stuff to do before we leave. If you need me I'll either be in the crystal storage or wandering around, and Arbos if you're there, I'd like to have a chat privately later if you don't mind."
With nothing else to say, she headed into the keep through a nearby entrance.

It took her a few attempts but she finally reached the crystal storage room she had visited with Kali-en and Arbos. She stepped over the wrecked door and browsed the vial covered shelves. Each vial had the crystal type and size grade labelled on them. She looked at each different type of crystal before picking out 3 grade B electric crystals, 1 grade D electric crystal, 2 grade C iron crystals and 2 grade C freezing/cooling crystals. She stepped over the bust door again and sat down against the opposite wall. Opening up her pack she moved things around to make room for the crystals. She slung it over her shoulder and left the keep.

She had time to kill so she headed into the surrounding forest again. Even in better light she didn't manage to find the plants she needed, but instead she stumbled across a large clear pond. She dumped her backpack at the bottom of a nearby tree and stripped. She undid her bandages and checked everything was alright before stepping in. It was bitterly cold but refreshing. Luckily her fur kept her slightly insulated. The deepest part of the pond reached up to her chest. She scrubbed at her body until all the muck washed away then lay back to relax a little.
Sayo-chan!
Sayo-chan!
Sniper
Sniper

Back to top Go down

Post by Melo Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:34 am

"Well, that's fine I guess." Ashur hadn't thought of becoming the leader before himself. But Zephyr's reasoning was sound... strangely so. But the least he could do was try. He did have some experience training young soldiers... that counted as experience right?
He nodded as Kali-en made way to his tent, then turned to the rest "Let's head to the fort now." The faster this was done, the sooner they could move on. The trip they'd have to make would be a long one. But if anything, they shouldn't leave behind those valuable treasures that could make them stronger.

Naya would lead them to the crystal armory. The selection of crystals was amazing, to say the least. "Military grade crystals, exactly what we needed." Ashur thought and smiled. Home appliance crystals wouldn't get them very far against other nullomancers, neither would swamp crystals on their own. Ashur scoured the shelves for what he needed and more. They stuffed their bags with whatever could prove usefull for embedding now or in the future. You never knew what you might need to make a good combination.
At the same time, they had to be wary of their embedding limit. Ashur then realised what they had forgotten. "Arbos!" he shouted, and a few seconds later the spirit appeared out of nothing. "You called, oh great leader?" the ghost grinned. Ashur ignored the remark "How many crystals will we be able to embed now?" Arbos answered "Rejoice! Your limit is now... around twenty-five C's I guess. You are now not as much of a greenhorn as you were before! Hope you're happy." With that Arbos winked and dissapeared again. Ashur would probably never really get used to him.

After they were done with the crystals, Ashur headed to the normal armory. The bloody mess that Ashur and Zephyr had left behind here during the fight only looked uglier now that it was over. Ashur went through the weapon racks, picking a longsword that was still in perfect state. They probably had new weapons delivered not too long ago. The sword had a neat socket for crystals, but Ashur wasn't too keen on spending many crystals on his sword when he could just embed them. Still, it wouldn't hurt having some crystals at hand that he could socket in there for emergencies.

When they were done, their bags were stuffed with crystalss. They agreed to meet up and leave in one hour. Ashur opened his bag and took out four crystals to embed now: wind, iron, poison and gass. He figured these would be good for now. He took out his knife and made four small cuts in his right upper arm. His left had the pleasure last time. He pushed in the crystals and bandaged up. If there was anything he hated about this power it was the preparation. Having to cut yourself open and pushing foreign objects in. But there was no use in whining. After packing everything and a little rest, it was time to leave.
Melo
Melo
Sniper
Sniper

Back to top Go down

Post by -_CreepeR_- Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:33 am

You know, being a spectre is really not all it’s made out to be. Granted you are immortal, invincible, don’t need sleep and have some nifty abilities that come bundled in with the whole package… But you still get bored. Yes. Bored… That’s exactly what Arbos was feeling at the moment as he lazily floated above a small lake peeking on naked Naya bathing. Well, not really naked per se…
Arbos shook his head and sighed.
“Two hundred bloody years in that shafthole of boredom and the only available naked lass in the area is a fucking cat…” He threw another evaluating glance at Naya. “Yeaah… Even I am not that desperate. Tally ho!” He never really understood the fascination his fellow men shared with Selkies.

With that self-narration he quickly slid down to speak to her as she wanted, no doubt causing a few hijinks.

As soon as the tedious conversation was over Arbos flew out to check up on the rest of the idiots who followed the sparkly bastard into the keep. He quickly filled them in on their new limits and some info about the military grade charges they stumbled upon and once again sodded off to do his own thing.

Soon enough the afternoon finally came and everyone gathered at the edge of the camp ready to head out. Thankfully Naya no longer reeked of wet fur and the dumbass thief was slapped awake just in time. At least some good news.
“ ‘Ere’s the address of Limen as you asked. He’s the local leader of a cell in Sayrn.” Bob bowed to Arbos respectfully and handed a piece of paper to Ashur. “The lads in the city don’t really have much to spare, but they will give you their all regardless, they will. You’ll be able to get some rest and a foothold in the safe house. You’ll be safe there, you will. I wish you luck, my friends!”
He bowed deeply once more, this time to the whole group.
Arbos glared at the quintet and they immediately bowed in return.
“Thank you. This will help us greatly.” Ashur shook Bob’s hand firmly, and after saying a few more heartfelt goobyes to their new friends the group has finally set out once more.

…This time their trek wasn’t nearly as arduous as before, however. After mere two hours their boots have hit the even cobblestones of a small city from which Bob and his friends hailed. Well, to call Mirenwood a proper city would be quite a stretch. It was three times the size of Eriur at most. The cobblestone paved streets and starkly tall brick buildings however were a drastic difference. As the group slowly marched on through the lavishly wide streets they passed at least a dozen shops and inns – a sight uncommon this far off the main routes. Ashur, Zeph and Klein of course were rather unfazed by the view, having been to bigger cities in the past, but to Kron and Naya Mirenwood looked positively alien.

Noticing that, Arbos snorted and once again materialized beside the group. This time however he pulled his hat down a bit and walked beside them in order not to draw attention.
“Don’t be fooled by the size of this little settlement. Mirenwood is a very rich city. Vast majority of people here are business owners, in one form or the other. Thanks to the Magnarail running through here, hundreds of people come to this city every day to take a break in their travels and spend their coin in the local pubs and inns. “
Arbos then raised his eyes to the setting sun and quickly snuck off into the nearest shadowy valley, taking a deep breath of relief.

“Anyway.” He continued and pointed towards an extremely large lavish building at the end of the main street. A tall clock tower was slowly ticking away time minute by minute. “In about four hours the midnight train will depart from here and head straight to Sayrn pretty much without any further stops. It is the quickest and the safest way for us to get there. However we will need passes. I’d assume none of you have Citizen IDs now do you?”

The group shared a confused look between themselves.

“Yeaah, didn’t think so. So we’ll need to steal some IDs and tickets if we want to get on. And do it discreetly enough to not get caught immediately. Our alternative is to ride to Sayrn on horseback… which will take us two weeks. So you guys decide yourselves. Two weeks in a saddle, or two days in a soft chair…”
-_CreepeR_-
-_CreepeR_-
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by balis Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:06 am

"What the-", Kali-en woke up suddenly, feeling a little pang of pain on his right cheek.

"Yeeeaah, sorry about that. I called you and nudged you but you wouldn't move. It's the afternoon, and we're all leaving, so I figured I might as well try the good ol' slap", said the grinning uniform guy.

"hum, okay, I'll be there in a minute". As the uniform left, Kali-en got his bearings together and put his stuff in his bag.

His mind felt weird, it had been a very long time since he had fully slept, not wary of his situation and environment. Not that he had wanted it, he had basically fainted from mental exhaustion earlier that day, his brain had simply shut down after that.

He stood up and felt the usual numb feeling in his mind, although not to him, when one slept too much.

He got out of his tent and was greeted by the too jovial shadow-guy. The bastard was probably up to something.
After the heartwarming goodbyes to tent-maker, they walked the short distance to Mirenwood, where they might be able to catch a magnarail train to Sayrn.

Of course, they needed the citizen's ID, which means they needed to steal from 5 probably innocents citizens.
When the shadow-guy laid down their options - stealing for a 2 days-on-a-chair or being honest for 2 weeks on horseback -, he looked at Kali-en with mischievous grin.

He sighed, even if he had somehow kept the ability to pick locks and and throw daggers, nothing indicated that he could use Klein abilities. Pickpocket, or even house breaking, were a whole new level of skills.

"Guys.. you're not going to steal are you? They're all, mainly, innocent people. That would not be fair to them to steal their ID, which could potentially give them hell, just for a little comfort.."

"Oh gee oh my, careful there mate, i'm afraid you might knock me down with that giant bag of morality of yours that you seem to carry despite being a fucking thief." Arbos snorted sarcastically.

Kali-en gave him an are-you-dumb look, "I'm talking about their situation. I already had to make the 2 weeks on horseback trip, not doing it again a second time. See you at midnight if you decide to steal from innocent people."

He turned from the alley and got into the main street, where the sun still reached. He turned back to the shadow-guy, and just before leaving, asked with a pleasant smile : 
"By the way, ghost, why did you shy away from the sunlight?"
balis
balis
Swordsman
Swordsman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum