Comics

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Comics

Post by Liene on Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:18 am

Since I don't know where else to put it I just dropped it here. Is there anyone reading Comics? As in Marvel or DC Comics and whatever comiccompanies there are? I began (again) quite recently to read some of the Marvel comics because there's a series of comicbooks with snippets from several Marvelheroes and it's quite nice to get in touch with comics (again).

____________________


avatar
Liene
Shichibukai
Shichibukai



Posts : 792
Points : 20258
Karma : 11
Join date : 2012-12-10
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Comics

Post by wolfdarkn on Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:13 pm

I'm reading Swamp Thing, Animal Man, and Batman, though I'm behind on all.

____________________
avatar
wolfdarkn
Captain
Captain



Posts : 711
Points : 19198
Karma : 120
Join date : 2012-12-10
Age : 26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Comics

Post by -_CreepeR_- on Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:33 pm

Judging from the fact that you like me immensely, Liene, you will LOVE Deadpool. Read some! It's liek a comic about me, if i had guns and wasn't fat as shit! Very Happy

____________________

FOREVER CREEPY


xMagiciansBlade wrote:Welcome, just be careful around Creeper...he has a tendency to mind fuck people, according to him "it's the greatest pleasure hole in existence"

Read my blog for short stories and general awesomeness!
>>>>>A Handful Of Sarcasm <<<<<
avatar
-_CreepeR_-
Admin
Admin



Posts : 1330
Points : 29878
Karma : 10015
Join date : 2012-12-09

View user profile http://snlounge.4umer.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Comics

Post by wolfdarkn on Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:56 pm

-_CreepeR_- wrote:Judging from the fact that you like me immensely, Liene, you will LOVE Deadpool. Read some! It's liek a comic about me, if i had guns and wasn't fat as shit! Very Happy


Also if you were a little more sane.


Everyone who likes Batman should read Batman: The Black Mirror because it's so good and also Lt. Gordon heavy.

____________________
avatar
wolfdarkn
Captain
Captain



Posts : 711
Points : 19198
Karma : 120
Join date : 2012-12-10
Age : 26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Comics

Post by -_CreepeR_- on Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:04 pm

wolfdarkn wrote:
-_CreepeR_- wrote:Judging from the fact that you like me immensely, Liene, you will LOVE Deadpool. Read some! It's liek a comic about me, if i had guns and wasn't fat as shit! Very Happy


Also if you were a little more sane.


Everyone who likes Batman should read Batman: The Black Mirror because it's so good and also Lt. Gordon heavy.
You sir, just made my day xD

____________________

FOREVER CREEPY


xMagiciansBlade wrote:Welcome, just be careful around Creeper...he has a tendency to mind fuck people, according to him "it's the greatest pleasure hole in existence"

Read my blog for short stories and general awesomeness!
>>>>>A Handful Of Sarcasm <<<<<
avatar
-_CreepeR_-
Admin
Admin



Posts : 1330
Points : 29878
Karma : 10015
Join date : 2012-12-09

View user profile http://snlounge.4umer.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Comics

Post by Liene on Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:14 am

-_CreepeR_- wrote:Judging from the fact that you like me immensely, Liene, you will LOVE Deadpool. Read some! It's liek a comic about me, if i had guns and wasn't fat as shit! Very Happy

I just had an edition of Deadpool in my hands today and was thinking about buying it, it's on my list to read somewhen.

wolfdarkn wrote:
Everyone who likes Batman should read Batman: The Black Mirror because it's so good and also Lt. Gordon heavy.

Batman is always nice. And Lt. Gordon is a character I always liked, I'll take a look. Damn, 20 Euro just for that one

____________________


avatar
Liene
Shichibukai
Shichibukai



Posts : 792
Points : 20258
Karma : 11
Join date : 2012-12-10
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Comics

Post by -_CreepeR_- on Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:39 am

The only thing i like about nolan's "batSHIT" trilogy is Gary Oldman as Commissioner Gordon. That guys is a fucking genius actor.

____________________

FOREVER CREEPY


xMagiciansBlade wrote:Welcome, just be careful around Creeper...he has a tendency to mind fuck people, according to him "it's the greatest pleasure hole in existence"

Read my blog for short stories and general awesomeness!
>>>>>A Handful Of Sarcasm <<<<<
avatar
-_CreepeR_-
Admin
Admin



Posts : 1330
Points : 29878
Karma : 10015
Join date : 2012-12-09

View user profile http://snlounge.4umer.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Comics

Post by Liene on Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:04 am

Gary Oldman was really really good.

Do I have to read a comic from the beginning or can I drop into the story somewhere in the middle?

____________________


avatar
Liene
Shichibukai
Shichibukai



Posts : 792
Points : 20258
Karma : 11
Join date : 2012-12-10
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Comics

Post by wolfdarkn on Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:34 am

Liene wrote:Gary Oldman was really really good.

Do I have to read a comic from the beginning or can I drop into the story somewhere in the middle?

You can drop in the middle. Really really googling where to start is the best way to get into comics. Or buying and reading in trades (volumes) that collect stories together so you get whole arcs.

____________________
avatar
wolfdarkn
Captain
Captain



Posts : 711
Points : 19198
Karma : 120
Join date : 2012-12-10
Age : 26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Comics

Post by Liene on Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:18 am

That is good, because that's what I did Very Happy Went into the bookshop at the trainstation, looked at the comicsection, grapped one that seemed nice enough and in the end I jumped into Avengers vs Xmen and have no idea why the fuck Summers is totally woopy in his brain Very Happy But I really need to get hold of the story arc of Spiderman where you see how his Aunt copes with her knowledge of him being spiderman. That's something I really really want to know

____________________


avatar
Liene
Shichibukai
Shichibukai



Posts : 792
Points : 20258
Karma : 11
Join date : 2012-12-10
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Comics

Post by -_CreepeR_- on Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:18 pm

Liene wrote:That is good, because that's what I did Very Happy Went into the bookshop at the trainstation, looked at the comicsection, grapped one that seemed nice enough and in the end I jumped into Avengers vs Xmen and have no idea why the fuck Summers is totally woopy in his brain Very Happy But I really need to get hold of the story arc of Spiderman where you see how his Aunt copes with her knowledge of him being spiderman. That's something I really really want to know
Because cyclops is by definition a very shit shit shiiiit character? 0_o

____________________

FOREVER CREEPY


xMagiciansBlade wrote:Welcome, just be careful around Creeper...he has a tendency to mind fuck people, according to him "it's the greatest pleasure hole in existence"

Read my blog for short stories and general awesomeness!
>>>>>A Handful Of Sarcasm <<<<<
avatar
-_CreepeR_-
Admin
Admin



Posts : 1330
Points : 29878
Karma : 10015
Join date : 2012-12-09

View user profile http://snlounge.4umer.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Comics

Post by Liene on Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:38 am

True. He's not a character to like, he's more of the whiny type. I hate whiny types.

____________________


avatar
Liene
Shichibukai
Shichibukai



Posts : 792
Points : 20258
Karma : 11
Join date : 2012-12-10
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Comics

Post by wolfdarkn on Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:10 am

Scott's better these days. Give him a chance.

____________________
avatar
wolfdarkn
Captain
Captain



Posts : 711
Points : 19198
Karma : 120
Join date : 2012-12-10
Age : 26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Comics

Post by Liene on Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:26 am

I don't know what you mean with these days, but for me he's a bloke with the power of the phoenix and probably doesn't know what to do with it.

____________________


avatar
Liene
Shichibukai
Shichibukai



Posts : 792
Points : 20258
Karma : 11
Join date : 2012-12-10
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Comics

Post by -_CreepeR_- on Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:23 pm

Cyclops is a goody two shoes who is just bland as FUCK. i hate him almost as much as i hate superman.

____________________

FOREVER CREEPY


xMagiciansBlade wrote:Welcome, just be careful around Creeper...he has a tendency to mind fuck people, according to him "it's the greatest pleasure hole in existence"

Read my blog for short stories and general awesomeness!
>>>>>A Handful Of Sarcasm <<<<<
avatar
-_CreepeR_-
Admin
Admin



Posts : 1330
Points : 29878
Karma : 10015
Join date : 2012-12-09

View user profile http://snlounge.4umer.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Comics

Post by wolfdarkn on Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:28 am

-_CreepeR_- wrote:Cyclops is a goody two shoes who is just bland as FUCK. i hate him almost as much as i hate superman.


I'm saying he's better because his story is not bland anymore.

____________________
avatar
wolfdarkn
Captain
Captain



Posts : 711
Points : 19198
Karma : 120
Join date : 2012-12-10
Age : 26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Comics

Post by -_CreepeR_- on Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:59 am

Why does it matter? A shit character will still stay shit regardless of how inventive of a situation he end up in. While on the other hand a great character can turn any kind of shit-ocalypse story into something immensely enjoyable.

____________________

FOREVER CREEPY


xMagiciansBlade wrote:Welcome, just be careful around Creeper...he has a tendency to mind fuck people, according to him "it's the greatest pleasure hole in existence"

Read my blog for short stories and general awesomeness!
>>>>>A Handful Of Sarcasm <<<<<
avatar
-_CreepeR_-
Admin
Admin



Posts : 1330
Points : 29878
Karma : 10015
Join date : 2012-12-09

View user profile http://snlounge.4umer.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Comics

Post by wolfdarkn on Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:56 am

I disagree. Basically you just ruled out character development, a super important part of storytelling. So no. Just no.

____________________
avatar
wolfdarkn
Captain
Captain



Posts : 711
Points : 19198
Karma : 120
Join date : 2012-12-10
Age : 26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Comics

Post by -_CreepeR_- on Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:21 am

that guy was stuck like that for over half a century, if there ever IS going to be character development - my human life cycle won't be long enough for me to notice it.

____________________

FOREVER CREEPY


xMagiciansBlade wrote:Welcome, just be careful around Creeper...he has a tendency to mind fuck people, according to him "it's the greatest pleasure hole in existence"

Read my blog for short stories and general awesomeness!
>>>>>A Handful Of Sarcasm <<<<<
avatar
-_CreepeR_-
Admin
Admin



Posts : 1330
Points : 29878
Karma : 10015
Join date : 2012-12-09

View user profile http://snlounge.4umer.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Comics

Post by wolfdarkn on Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:33 am

Again disagree because comics can change greatly in a few months when the right writer comes along.

____________________
avatar
wolfdarkn
Captain
Captain



Posts : 711
Points : 19198
Karma : 120
Join date : 2012-12-10
Age : 26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Comics

Post by wolfdarkn on Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:44 pm

So I've been reading a ton of X-Men after Avengers Versus X-Men and I really like where the writers took Scott Summers. His character is really interesting now.

____________________
avatar
wolfdarkn
Captain
Captain



Posts : 711
Points : 19198
Karma : 120
Join date : 2012-12-10
Age : 26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Comics

Post by -_CreepeR_- on Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:53 am

they finally killed him?! Very Happy

____________________

FOREVER CREEPY


xMagiciansBlade wrote:Welcome, just be careful around Creeper...he has a tendency to mind fuck people, according to him "it's the greatest pleasure hole in existence"

Read my blog for short stories and general awesomeness!
>>>>>A Handful Of Sarcasm <<<<<
avatar
-_CreepeR_-
Admin
Admin



Posts : 1330
Points : 29878
Karma : 10015
Join date : 2012-12-09

View user profile http://snlounge.4umer.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Comics

Post by wolfdarkn on Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:19 pm

-_CreepeR_- wrote:they finally killed him?! Very Happy


Nope. They made him the leader of the mutant revolution. Basically he's Magneto and Wolverine is Professor X. Meanwhile Beast gets the original 5 X-Men from the past to the present to see what Scott's done and to stop him. That includes pre-blue Beast, Angel, Iceman, alive Jean Grey, and past Scott.

____________________
avatar
wolfdarkn
Captain
Captain



Posts : 711
Points : 19198
Karma : 120
Join date : 2012-12-10
Age : 26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Comics

Post by -_CreepeR_- on Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:41 pm

Don't EVER compare cyclops t magneto. Seriously, what the fuck#?

____________________

FOREVER CREEPY


xMagiciansBlade wrote:Welcome, just be careful around Creeper...he has a tendency to mind fuck people, according to him "it's the greatest pleasure hole in existence"

Read my blog for short stories and general awesomeness!
>>>>>A Handful Of Sarcasm <<<<<
avatar
-_CreepeR_-
Admin
Admin



Posts : 1330
Points : 29878
Karma : 10015
Join date : 2012-12-09

View user profile http://snlounge.4umer.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Comics

Post by wolfdarkn on Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:49 pm

-_CreepeR_- wrote:Don't EVER compare cyclops t magneto. Seriously, what the fuck#?


Don't tell me what the fuck to do aokiji
But yeah the writing has been great on the main X-Men titles and the progression of the character has been logical. He's no longer the boyscout.
Spoiler:
He fucking killed Charles Xavier.

____________________
avatar
wolfdarkn
Captain
Captain



Posts : 711
Points : 19198
Karma : 120
Join date : 2012-12-10
Age : 26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Comics

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum